Information That’s Good to Know

Resources for Real Estate Clients

When shopping for property or looking for a house to rent, you may have some questions. On this page, we hope to answer most of them! We specialize in both sales and rentals. We also help owners buy, sell, and rent residential and commercial properties. Oak Grove Realty LLC is a busy real estate company that has strong ties to the community. How can we help you today?
Student | girl | Indiana, PA

Get to Know Indiana, PA

Indiana, PA | Visit

Indiana, PA is not your typical college town. There are many things to do for people of all ages and all year round! Indiana County is at the base of the Allegheny Mountains and an hour east of Pittsburgh, PA. There are many parks like Blue Spruce or Optimist Park and festivals like the Hoodlebug Festival, Pick-A-Dilly Herb Faire, and the Historic Saltsburg Canal Days. We also have an extensive Rails to Trails system that covers 64 miles for hiking and exploring.

For more indoor activities, there are museums like the IUP University Museum and the Jimmy Stewart Museum, along with educational centers such as The Blairsville Underground Railroad History Center. In addition, the Kovalchick Convention and Athletic Complex is a unique facility where various recreational activities are available, and you can watch IUP live shows.

Not Ready to Buy?

We Have Rentals Here!

Girl in museum | Indiana, PA

Tenant Online Portal App

Pay Rent

Securely pay rent online from anywhere. Set up automatic payments, so you always pay on time

Submit Maintenance Requests

Quickly submit maintenance requests that go directly to our maintenance queue.

Seamless Communication

Send communications to us at anytime.

Renter’s Insurance

Easily submit proof of insurance coverage or purchase a policy right from your portal.

Student Forms


Sample Lease


Online Parental Guarantee


Parking Agreement Application


Furnishings Request Form

Woman buying Christmas Tree | Indiana, PA
One last thing, Indiana County is known for being “The Christmas Tree Capital of the World.” There are Christmas tree forests throughout the area, along with many other types of farmers. Families flock to Indiana County for their tree at Christmas and enjoy a wonderful time of year together!

Student Rentals FAQs

What furnishings are included in my apartment?
Twin-size beds (though some units have double/queen beds-see listing details). If you are bringing your own bed, we will remove ours. Any apartment with larger-sized beds will be noted in the apartment advertising. Each bedroom will also have a dresser and/or wardrobe. The living rooms have a couch. Kitchens have tables and chairs, although some apartments are better suited to a coffee table. The furniture you may want to bring with you: desk and chair, book or storage shelves, TV, and entertainment center.
Do you accept financial aid?

We offer five different payment plans. See the options at the end of the lease sample. The “Extended Plan” is best suited to work with financial aid disbursements, which arrive in mid-September and in late January.

There is always a June 1st payment due before your loan money comes in, but if you need to set up a customized payment plan toward this 1st payment, we will be glad to work out a plan that will work for you.

What happens if one of my roommates doesn’t come back to school?

You are renting your house with individual rent responsibilities (unless you are sharing a one-bedroom apartment), so you will remain responsible for only your portion of the rent. The group as a whole is responsible for any fines, damages, or cleaning if this were to be needed unless someone takes responsibility in writing. If you or one of your housemates will not be coming back to school, or has to leave during the term, here are your options:


  • Find another person to sublet their spot on the lease. We will help by advertising on our website, doing showings if you do not yet occupy the apartment, and securing all the paperwork required to complete the sublease agreement.
  • Accept a new roommate if found by the person needing out or by Oak Grove. Oak Grove will qualify the tenant, and the roommates must be ready to accept the new person.
  • If you prefer not to have someone else move in, the person needing out and the remaining people can work out a payment arrangement to cover the rent that would be due by the person needing out. Everyone would have to work together in this situation if you are “blocking” the person needing out from getting someone else to cover their obligation.
  • If/when a replacement is secured, the security deposit of the person who needs out of the lease is applied toward the cost of our re-leasing services.
Why do my parents have to sign a Parent Guarantee form?

The Parent Guarantee form is like having a co-signer on the lease. If your financial aid doesn’t come through or, for some other reason, you are unable to pay the rent, we need to know they are backing you up.

If you are an independent student, we will need proof of your independent status as well as proof of your ability to cover rent.

What if cars without permits are taking up space in the lot?

Call the tow truck at 724-463-3851, and they will come and tow the cars that shouldn’t be there.

What if my car gets towed?

Your vehicle has been towed by Buggey’s Garage, located at 500 Philadelphia St, Indiana, PA 15701. The phone number is 724-463-3851.

Get in touch with us at 724-471-1234 to ask further questions!